Updated: Dec 23, 2019
Yes, I'm still editing my AGSM movie script. I know it's been forever, but I'm such a perfectionist... anyways, I decided to take a little break to give you 5 tips on how to come up with your own stopmotion ideas!
1. Think of something you just did in your own life. Whether it was something mundane like grocery shopping or fun like a dance contest, it all makes for good stop-motion material!
2. Tell your favorite doll's story! Now that American Girl is trimming down the books, it's more crucial than ever to remake your favorite AG book as an AGSM.
3. Adapt something else, like a book or a movie you like. I always draw inspiration from Miraculous Ladybug for my stopmotions since I have Marinette and Adrien dolls, so maybe you can do something like that for your own videos!
4. Think of another story you wrote, whether for school or for fun, and make it with dolls! This is literally how I get most of my inspiration... Human was originally supposed to be a book and Rebelle was going to be a live-action movie I'd make in college.
5. Draw inspiration from everything you see! Whether it's a boring history class snoozefest or a random ad or a text, ANYTHING can spark an idea in your head.
I hope this helps when you have no video ideas!